Paul Craig ROBERTS – Former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury for Economic Policy in the Reagan Administration
The Brexit vote shows that a majority of the British voters understand that the UK government represents interests other than the interests of the British people. As difficult as the British know it is to hold their own government to account, they understand they have no prospect whatsoever of holding the EU government to account. During their time under the EU, the British have been reminded of historical times when law was the word of the sovereign.
The propagandists who comprise the Western political and media establishments succeeded in keeping the real issues out of public discussion and presenting the leave vote as racism. However, enough of the British people resisted the brainwashing and controlled debate to grasp the real issues: sovereignty, accountable government, financial independence, freedom from involvement in Washington’s wars and conflict with Russia.
The British people should not be so naive as to think that their vote settles the matter. The fight has only begun. Expect:
– The British government to come back to the people and say, look, the EU has given us a better deal. We can now afford to stay in.
– The Fed, ECB, BOJ, and NY hedge funds to pound the pound and to short British stocks in order to convince the British voters that their vote is sinking the economy.
– More emphasis on the vote’s weakening of Europe, leaving all to the mercy of «Russian aggression»
– Hard to resist bribes (and threats) to prominent members of the leave majority and pressure on such leave leaders as Boris Johnson to be reasonable, conciliatory and to maintain good relations with Washington and Europe, and to reach a compromise on remaining in the EU.
– Expect the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) to attribute the loss of British jobs and investment opportunities to the leave vote.
Once you learn to think about how things really are and not as the presstitutes present them,
you will be able to add to the list all by yourself.
Remember, the Irish voted against the EU and pressure was kept on them until they reversed their vote. This is the likely fate of the British.